Unearthed Song & Poetry is an open mic series at home.stead bakery & cafe that happens every 3rd Wednesday of the month. Each month we feature a rising musician and poet and encourage any and all poets and musicians to sign up to share 2 pieces of their work. Doors open at 7pm and the show starts at 7:30pm. $5 cover at the door.
Join the City of Somerville & Somerville Arts Council for Strike up the Bands, the September installment of the City’s SomerStreets festival, on Sunday, September 16th, from 2pm to 6pm on Highland Ave. between School St. and Lowell St. This event is FREE & open to the public!
Activities along Highland Ave. will include:
• Live music on two stages featuring queer and female artists:
ONCE Somerville stage featuring:
2:30 pm – Awaaz Do
3:45 pm – Lockette
5:00 pm – sister
Armory stage featuring:
2:15pm – Kaiti Jones
3:30pm – Paper Citizen
4:45pm – Cathartic Conundrum
• Vintage and artisan market by The Somerville Flea
• ONCE Somerville beer garden and local rock photo show
• Cuban sandwiches (meat and veggie) from Cuisine en Locale at ONCE Somerville
• Aerial performances by Esh Circus Arts
• Parkour with Parkour Generations Boston
• Learn to walk on stilts with Open Air Circus
• Hockey, football, and other games with Somerville Recreation
• Bouncy house
• Games with BuzzRoar Interactive
• Face painting
• Safe solar viewing and astronomy activities
• Martial arts performance and demonstration class with Villari's Martial Arts Center of Somerville, MA
• Explore a fire truck and ambulance
• Stop by 7ate9 Bakery for some delicious cheesecake!
• Sausage pop-up at M.F. Dulock
• Community vendors & local businesses
Thank you to our community sponsor, ONCE Somerville
SomerStreets is the City of Somerville’s take on the internationally renowned Open Streets concept, closing busy city streets to vehicles, and opening them up for cycling, walking, dancing, running, and other modes of activity.
Save the date- October SomerStreets: Monster Mashed-Up is on October 14th on Somerville Ave. (Hawkins St. to Spring St.).
Back for its third season, AERONAUT Allston is a summertime musical beer garden series hosted by Aeronaut Brewing Company every Wednesday & Friday night all summer long at Zone 3’s hub of activity, 267 Western Ave in Allston. The series features live music & performances by emerging local artists, the best local food trucks, and great beer!
AERONAUT Allston is a free event that is open and welcoming to all. We strive to foster meaningful community connections, create a fun neighborhood gathering place, and provide a supportive platform for emerging artists and musicians from Allston and beyond.
BRING YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR NEIGHBORS, YOUR KIDS, AND YOUR DOG!
Family friendly, or under 21 with a parent or legal guardian
"In this co-bill, the formidable Paper Citizen comes all the way from Boston to share her tear-worthy heartbreak rock/folk influenced originals, and NyaLi chips in with some of her own tales. Come be serenaded - encouraged contribution but free admission :)"
Paper Citizen, Box Of Birds, and PYKE bring the indie jams to Gallery 263!
Paper Citizen is a Boston-based, indie-rock band that illuminates small rooms with warm harmonies, organic rhythms, and twinkling Christmas lights. Their debut EP, "Postcards in Transit," is available on Bandcamp, Spotify and Itunes.
Box Of Birds is an indie/folk/rock band from Boston. The debut E.P., "A Place On The Wall Where A Picture Used To Hang," is available now on iTunes, Spotify, and Bandcamp.
PYKE captures all of our ideas about the dark & supernatural while recognizing and supporting the X chromosome within us all.